COME CELEBRATE ALL THINGS SCOTTISH!
Join us November 10 – 12 for the 62nd Scottish Gathering and Highland Games! A 3-day event filled with the skirl of the bagpipes and the wearing of the tartan!
Bagpipes and Drums! | Highland Dancers! | Scottish Athletics! | Men in Kilts! | Colorful Clan Tents! | Shopping, food and fun!
Tickets to events and the Gathering can be purchased in advance online. You may also purchase tickets at the gate. Remember, children 5 and under are free.
The weekend begins on Friday evening with the Calling of the Clans at 6:00 pm on the Salado Creekside just north of the Museum building. This is a solemn torchlight ceremony that recreates the coming together of the ancient Scottish clans to fight with Robert the Bruce for Scotland’s freedom in 1314 at Bannockburn.
Following the Calling, a Welcome Social and Buffet Supper ($20) will be held in the Lucile A. Robertson Center at the Museum.
On Saturday (9am – 6pm) and Sunday (9am – 3pm), join us at the Thomas Arnold Elementary School Grounds to enjoy all things Scottish (Weekend Pass: $20 adult/$8 child).
- Clan Village … the largest gathering of Scottish Clan tents in Texas where Clan members share information about Scottish history and genealogy.
- Scottish Heavy Athletics; Highland Dancing; and Bagpipe and Drumming competitions.
- Scottish singers and musicians on the Entertainment Stage.
- Bonniest Knees, Scottish Shortbread, and Bonniest Beard contests
- Variety of Celtic goods, food and beverages.
OPENING CEREMONIES begin at 12 noon with a Band and Clan Parade from South Main and Thomas Arnold into the grounds followed by presentations and piping on the field.
Additional Sunday events include:
- The Kirkin’ o’ the Tartan – a traditional devotional service in which family groups carry banners of their family tartans and ask blessings on the families.
- Scottish Dog Parade and Contest
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN SALADO
FOR THE GATHERING OF THE CLANS
AND A CELEBRATION OF ALL THINGS SCOTTISH!