Join us on the second weekend in November for the 56th Scottish Gathering and Highland Games! A 3-day event filled with the skirl of the bagpipes and the wearing of the tartan!
Bagpipes and Drums!
Men in Kilts!
Colorful Clan Tents!
Shopping, food and fun!
The weekend begins on Friday evening with the Calling of the Clans at 6:00 pm on the Salado Creekside just north of the Museum building. This is a solemn torchlight ceremony that recreates the coming together of the ancient Scottish clans to fight with Robert the Bruce for Scotland’s freedom in 1314 at Bannockburn.
Following the Calling, a Welcome Social and Buffet Supper will be held in the Hall of the Clans at the Museum.
On Saturday (9am – 6pm) and Sunday (9am – 5pm), join us at the Salado Civic Center grounds on North Main Street to enjoy all things Scottish.
- Visit the Clan Village … the largest gathering of Scottish Clan tents in Texas where Clan members share information about Scottish history and genealogy.
- Watch the Scottish Heavy Athletics competition; Highland Dance competitions; and Bagpiping and Drumming competitions and performances.
- Visit the Entertainment Tent to hear Scottish singers and musicians.
- Browse the large selection of Scottish goods in the vendor tents.
- Enjoy delicious Scottish and Texas fare in the Food Court.
Entrance to the grounds includes the Texas Tattoo at 5:30 pm featuring Bagpipe Bands, Highland dancers, Scottish singers and more.
OPENING CEREMONIES begin at 12 noon with a Band and Clan Parade down Main Street and into the Civic Center grounds followed by presentations and piping on the field.
Additional Sunday events include:
- The Kirkin’ o’ the Tartan – a traditional devotional service in which family groups carry banners of their family tartans and ask blessings on the families.
- Scottish Dog Parade and Contest
- Children’s Highland Athletic Games
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN SALADO
FOR THE GATHERING OF THE CLANS
AND A CELEBRATION OF ALL THINGS SCOTTISH!