Join us on the second weekend in November for the 56th Scottish Gathering and Highland Games! A 3-day event filled with the skirl of the bagpipes and the wearing of the tartan!
Bagpipes and Drums! | Highland Dancers! | Scottish Athletics! | Men in Kilts! | Colorful Clan Tents! | Shopping, food and fun!
The weekend begins on Friday evening with the Calling of the Clans at 6:00 pm on the Salado Creekside just north of the Museum building. This is a solemn torchlight ceremony that recreates the coming together of the ancient Scottish clans to fight with Robert the Bruce for Scotland’s freedom in 1314 at Bannockburn.
Following the Calling, a Welcome Social and Buffet Supper will be held in the Hall of the Clans at the Museum.
On Saturday (9am – 6pm) and Sunday (9am – 3pm), join us at the Salado Civic Center grounds on North Main Street to enjoy all things Scottish.
- Visit the Clan Village … the largest gathering of Scottish Clan tents in Texas where Clan members share information about Scottish history and genealogy.
- Watch the Scottish Heavy Athletics competition; Highland Dance competitions; and Bagpipe and Drumming competitions and performances.
- Visit the Entertainment Tent to hear Scottish singers and musicians.
- Browse the large selection of Scottish goods in the vendor tents.
- Enjoy delicious Scottish and Texas fare in the Food Court.
Entrance to the grounds includes the Texas Tattoo at 4:30 pm featuring Bagpipe Bands, Highland dancers, Scottish singers and more.
OPENING CEREMONIES begin at 12 noon with a Band and Clan Parade down Main Street and into the Civic Center grounds followed by presentations and piping on the field.
Additional Sunday events include:
- The Kirkin’ o’ the Tartan – a traditional devotional service in which family groups carry banners of their family tartans and ask blessings on the families.
- Scottish Dog Parade and Contest
- Children’s Highland Athletic Games
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN SALADO
FOR THE GATHERING OF THE CLANS
AND A CELEBRATION OF ALL THINGS SCOTTISH!