COME CELEBRATE ALL THINGS SCOTTISH!
New Location – Johnny’s Outback
Join us November 12 – 14 for the 60th Scottish Gathering and Highland Games! A 3-day event filled with the skirl of the bagpipes and the wearing of the tartan!
Bagpipes and Drums! |
Highland Dancers! | Scottish Athletics! | Men in Kilts! | Colorful Clan Tents! | Shopping, food and fun!
Tickets to events and the Gathering can be purchased in advance online. Click here for details. You may also purchase tickets at the gate. Remember, children 5 and under are free.
The weekend begins on Friday evening with the Calling of the Clans at 6:00 pm on the Salado Creekside just north of the Museum building. This is a solemn torchlight ceremony that recreates the coming together of the ancient Scottish clans to fight with Robert the Bruce for Scotland’s freedom in 1314 at Bannockburn.
Following the Calling, a Welcome Social and Buffet Supper will be held in the Lucile A. Robertson Center at the Museum.
On Saturday (9am – 6pm) and Sunday (9am – 3pm), join us at Johnny’s Outback to enjoy all things Scottish.
- Clan Village … the largest gathering of Scottish Clan tents in Texas where Clan members share information about Scottish history and genealogy.
- Scottish Heavy Athletics;
Highland Dancing; and Bagpipe and Drumming competitions.
- Scottish singers and musicians on the Entertainment Stage.
- Bonniest Knees, Scottish Shortbread, and Bonniest Beard contests
- Variety of Celtic goods, food and beverages.
OPENING CEREMONIES begin at 12 noon with a Band and Clan Parade from South Main and Thomas Arnold into the grounds followed by presentations and piping on the field.
Additional Sunday events include:
- The Kirkin’ o’ the Tartan – a traditional devotional service in which family groups carry banners of their family tartans and ask blessings on the families.
- Scottish Dog Parade and Contest
- Children’s Highland Athletic Games
The full schedule of events for this year’s Gathering can be viewed here.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN SALADO
FOR THE GATHERING OF THE CLANS
AND A CELEBRATION OF ALL THINGS SCOTTISH!